I've been making this crust for SOME time now, but I always am changing things up to switch up the flavors. If your looking for healthy but also delicious foods to try, this is a MUST.
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower- you need about 2-3 cups after putting it in the food processor. Also, I saw a bag of already processed Cauliflower ready to go at CostCo so if you don't want to take A LOT of time, then this is an easier option so its all cut up and ready to go.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregeno
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes (just a pinch, depending on your spice level)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
This recipe can be a little lengthy, so don't plan on making it in 10-15 minutes. Getting the water out of the cauliflower is such a joy and so time consuming (sarcasm)
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash and dry your cauliflower, cut up the florets (I don't use a lot of stem), Pulse these pieces in a food processor so it has the consistency of "powdery snow". Weird comparison, but its white and looks like snow, so you'll know when its done. Avoid big chunky pieces being left in there.
- You are going to need 2-3 cups after putting it in the food processor- your going to place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover (I use a few pieces of paper towels.) Let cook in the microwave for about 4-5 minutes. This is going to allow all of the water contents to easily leave the cauliflower.
- After cauliflower is cooked, dump it on a clean towel, and slightly spread it out. Your going to want this to cool down before trying to squeeze the water out of it, because MAN ITS HOT!
- When it cools, down and you can handle the temperature on your hands, your going to wring the towel, to get all of that water out. This may take a bit, but you don't want a lot of water remaining because it will mess up your consistency of the crust.
- Now after all the water is out, place the cauliflower in a bowl. Here your going to add 1/4 parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. You'll also add your egg in at this time.
- Next, make sure your hands are squeaky clean, and start mixing away, trying to evenly mix out the ingredients.
- After mixture is complete I normally will use a pan, or pizza stone, and add parchment paper on top to ensure crust does not stick while baking (you can spray a little cooking spray on as well if you want, but not necessary). You can shape the crust into a square, circle, rectangle, oval, whatever your heart desires. You do not want this to be thick, but also not super thin. Use your judgement.
- Pop this bad baby in the oven for about 8-12 minutes, but watch closely to see how it is browning. I like mine lightly browned on top, as the picture you see above.
- After its done baking, go ahead and top your pizza however you like it. You could use regular pizza sauce, Alfredo, ranch for buffalo style, the possibilities are endless. This is the same for your toppings. In my pictures I did a plain and boring pepperoni, and then on the other pizza I did half pepperoni with mozzarella/goat cheese and the other half buffalo chicken. Let this cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, again use your judgement for the timing.
If this doesn't turn out GREAT the first time, give it a few chances because you'll always get better with perfecting your method so don't give up, because when you do, its SO worth it! I hope you enjoy this! Have a great day guys!